Wednesday, December 14, 2011

IN THE MOOD FOR VERA WANG.

The other day when I was checking out the Versace for H&M campaign with Daphne Groeneveld, I was wondering how this hype around designer clothes works. And then I realized, the idea is brilliant. We have to admit there are not plenty of us ready to spend a fortune on these long-desired, beautiful items and that's where this whole 'XY designer for H&M' idea comes in. Let's make them available for the masses. The quality might be lower and they are not one-of-a-kind treasures but still. Who wouldn't warmly welcome a Versace or Marni item in the garderobe?

I even went further with the thing, because my designer clothes are true one-of-a-kinds. Once being proud parts of a long forgotten seasons' pret-a-porter collections, then owned by a mysterious ladies back in the '60s-70s-80s-90s and then deprived from dignity hiding in piles of pre-owned clothes in dusty sacks. And then found by me. OMG, each vintage designer dress in my garderobe is considered as an elegant old lady back to real life, after properly cleaned and ironed, back to the glamorous days.
I will happily introduce you all, piece by piece.

Today I'm glad to share this lovely Vera Wang silk dress with you, it might not be that old but still a true gem, I cannot get enough of its sophisticated elegance and beautiful colours.
Back to the golden days, Vera!

xoxo,
katika

No comments:

Post a Comment